Wednesday, September 24, 2008





I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lyla's feet


Hmmm. I don't really have much to say but feel like I ought to post pics anyway. I am learning that most people don't post comments on blogs, but I have been told that they are still looking. Which is nice, as I was beginning to wonder if neglecting kids to blog was even worth it.

On another note, I turned 34 last week. I was reflecting back on the past year to see if I'm still growing in my life, or if i've been stagnant. I've decided it is both. Because my family has changed in every possible way in the past year, personal change has had to take a back seat. It is challenging to remain "me" in my life sometimes...funny, but true. So, my birthday wishes for this coming year are to:

tune in to my girls, as they begin their journey through 6, 4, and 1. (I am looking forward to giving 3 a rest. At least for two more years)

Nurture the relationship I have with Toby. (every year I think I cannot get closer to this man, and yet, every year I find that I have)

Embrace growing older.(i'm sure I'll laugh at that comment when i'm in my 60's)

Continue my education(I've decided that it's just fine to be on the twenty year college plan. Maybe Soph and I can be roomies when she goes off to college. hee hee)

To not let my past define my future

Be nice to me. (my girls are watching, after all.)

Play outside, every day

Paint at least once a week

I'll stop now, I can see that this list could go on and on

So, if you remember Sophie wanted a cat for her birthday(which she didn't get). Well, the other day I was picking up Halloween decorations, which included a black cat. Guess who has been taking this cat EVERYWHERE? including bed, bathroom, car rides, etc...


Sophia and "Boo"



BIRTHDAY WEEKEND




PARTY IN THE PARK



FIVE GORGEOUS ORCHID PLANTS !(one from each member of my family. Including Abby, our beloved/annoying dog.


PICNIC BY
THE SEA



BOTANICAL GARDENS











MUCHO DELICIOUS MEXICAN DINNER
(MY FAVORITE!)



Thank you to my darling family. I am so loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherine said...

Happy Birthday Amy! With three gorgeous girls I think your life thus far has definately proved worthwhile.

September 25, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Joanie said...

Amy girl... It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!!! And while I think it is good to reflect & make goals for the future, I can say with absolute certainty that you never stop growing, that you never stop improving & with each passing year you become more & more amazing. I miss your beautiful face & those little angels of yours... I love you, love you, love you!!!
XOXOXO
Jo

September 26, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home