Tuesday, September 9, 2008

She's Six

AN ODE OF SIX FOR SOPHIA





I love that Sophia has such an infectious giggle. (Even when she does so at inappropriate times)

I love how much she uses her imagination. She is always full of stories to tell. They almost always include potty talk, and some sort of witch, dragon, or unfriendly foe.

I love how much she looks out for her little sisters. She is always checking on Avery at school, making sure she's okay, and she LOVES to help with Lyla...(She also loves bossing them both around)

I love her eyes, not just because of their beautiful color, but also because of how observant she is. About everything.

I love that she always wants to help me with anything. We cook together, clean together, go to the farmers market together, etc.. I've learned to never underestimate the ability of a five (now six) year old girl.

I love that she loves to "know it". This phrase is used when referring to the use of the computer, remote control, DVD player, blender, pretty much anything electronic. As in, she doesn't need my help because "I know it already Mom."


I can't believe you're six little girl...your star is flying!



THE BIG DAY

This year, we let Sophie choose how she wanted to spend her day.


Yes, the pancake is burnt. But the fact that it is pink and shaped like a six completely makes up for it....

We were going to let her stay home from school, but she really wanted to have her celebration at school too. So, Tob and I met her there for this...


At school..
Crossing the Rainbow Bridge signifying another turn around the sun. (It's a Waldorf thing.)




Lyla Rose and Avery getting in on the celebration






Getting to hold the Rainbow child...Where are my dreadlocks???
We also enjoyed some apple cake. Thank you Auntie Laurie. (yes, that's what they call the teacher.)

Then we were off to the mall!!! Every six year olds dream. Look how excited her dad is as well..he loves the mall. really.



Our first stop...





Yes, egg rolls for everyone!



And then on to TILT





And then....mall rides for everyone..(I bet you wish you were doing this on YOUR birthday.)





Onto lunch at the club.....



Started in the Dining Room....... Ended up on the patio...


Chapter twenty..
The Party...

I'm almost done( for those of you who aren't Grandparents...)



The Guests (In their Easter finest)





A VERY compelling game of Kerplunk...






A dinner of baked chicken, per the Birthday Girls request





Cake



Yes, it looks exactly like Sleeping Beauty's bed....





Presents





THE END





3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Cannon said...

Amy, your girls are so beautiful! It looks like such a fun birthday - everything she wanted.

September 10, 2008 at 10:25 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

Oh I loved your tribute to soph! Those are all things I love about her as well! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you all! Give those kids hugs and kisses and one for yourself!

September 10, 2008 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Sherine said...

Ha! That cake is great!

September 11, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home