Thursday, April 30, 2009

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.....




AND SO IT BEGINS...


the goal:
construct a chicken coop out of salvaged/recycled materials. (mostly)


The Crew:
Suz, and number 76.(aka ROCKSTAR!)
yes, we ARE sporting our safety shades...
Location:
My Backyard

you should know that there were power tools involved. Vintage 1983 variety. I think that steel was heavier then. It was somewhat intimidating, but we were not discouraged. Just scared.
Suzanne, clearly victorious with her first cut.(showoff)


Laying out a home for our future hens.

I really like the drill. A lot.
so far, so good..


please note the rusted out stroller in the background. This served as our wheelbarrow.
I'm not sure I can describe how thrilling framing the bottom felt. many high fives ensued..also girl power! shout outs..(also proving to my girls, who happened to be watching the action, that my talents lie beyond just laundry).

The base is finished...do you have any idea how long this took????


and then I broke my hand.


To be continued.....








5 Comments:

Blogger Sephalo said...

What?! What is it with you Hawaiian people and your broken bones? You're making me re-evaluate visiting... not lol I need to know what happens next, I'm going to feel that my day in incomplete until I know the ending to this exciting thriller!

April 30, 2009 at 7:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa Cannon said...

What a woman!!! You broke your arm! Hopefully you are feeling better and are able to resume your coop. Good luck!

April 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

I am so proud of you strong women! I can't wait to see the end result, but I guess that will have to wait until you are able to get into the witch doctor. When was that again... after the dog crows at the moon at low tide?

April 30, 2009 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Smiley Family said...

Ouch! I think this is why I tend to stay away from power tools. But still, I am impressed with the coop so far!

May 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM  
Blogger Sherine said...

um.. still waiting for the follow up! Hope you're ok!

May 1, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home