Friday, April 3, 2009

The longest post ever!



I was so excited for spring break this year. I had all sorts of activities planned, there wasn't going to be one day wasted away. (Unless we wanted to.) And then, Avery broke her wrist at school. Poor kid. So I decided to add *eat lots and lots of ice cream, to our list of activities. I decided we would just figure Kona out once we got there. Although, it did mean no beach. No biggie, we just wont go boogieboarding this time. So Friday, after a three hour tour of the emergency clinic and a referral to an orthepedic dr, I pull up to the house at dinnertime, and saw that Abby, our dog, had gotten into the trash/recycle area and has decorated the yard with the remenants of her meal. GREAT. She runs up to me, kind of proudly, and shows me that she's also found a HUGE pile of poo to rub all over her neck and face. SWEET. Any way, shuttling my three lambies inside, one with a temporary cast that has already been removed since leaving the clinic, little miss lyla takes a wipeout and splits her lip! blood ensues, as does several minutes of high decible screaming. opening the freezer I realize we are out of ice, but I do have a fruit popscicle that not only stops the crying instantly, it also stops the blood and swelling. Feeling like quite the genius, I turn the corner anticipating the chicken soup that I have left on the stove for a quick reheat. The only problem is that the pot it has been sitting in is metal, so the entire pot tastes like metal. Did I mention that Toby was out of town?
Starving children, tired mom, no dinner past dinner time=cereal. Which everybody raved about. Man, am I a good cook or what?
After guiding the ladies to dream time, I cuddle up on the couch and enjoy my book. I must have dozed off, because I am awakened by a child at 1 a.m. with the dreaded words, "mom, my bum is ITCHY!". No, I think, please, please no. I have been here before. A quick look, and I see nothing. Back off to bed with a drink of water and hugs. 5 seconds later, a bawling child,"MOM! it is so itchy". A look in a darkened room confirmed my fears. A little, disgusting worm is crawling out of my sweet childs netherparts! and look, it has a couple of friends joining it. PINWORMS! (I am itching just typing about it!) If you have never heard,dealt, or dreamed of pinworms, I hope you never have to experience them. Especially in the middle of the night, with nothing to do but wait until morning. Oh but wait, it is the weekend, and the Dr. is closed. Back to the clinic for a fun Saturday morning/afternoon/almost evening with 3 little miss'? Sounds like fun, in fact, let's pack snacks.
The next night, more pinworms, (same child) I thought, okay, the meds are going to take a night, I can do this again. Sunday brings laundry and clorox, and lysol. (I actually wished I could spray lysol on the softer parts of my daughter.) sick sick sick. The word hate is not allowed in our house, but this spring break, and exception was made by all. So, I'm thinking Sunday night, I can finally catch up on my last two almost sleepless nights. But, you guessed it. Only in droves..soo many worms, I was getting nervous. So every 15 minutes, a crying child, and masses of worms. Poor kid, it was breaking my heart. we made it through the night and were able to call her dr. Monday. She probably just kept reinfecting herself by itchy and scratchy...and then wiping away her tears. I am sooooo lucky it did not spread to any one else in the family. (they are SUPER contageous) must have been the daily laundering of every one's linens. I have never washed the same sheets/comforters/blankets for 3 days straight. My house smelled like a clorox bottle.
I know I'm going on and on, but it was terrible! After taking Avery to get her cast, we finallly made it home. My house was a mess!!!
Then, Lyla got sick on Monday...I won't detail the entire thing, but just know...we were laid UP for a few days. Well, I was REALLY looking forward to Kona now. Toby was back in town, (although he was working insane hours so I really didn't see him until he joined us in Kona on Friday afternoon.) I was packing everybody up, and slipped on a hanger with Lyla in my arms. Can you say Mother instincts, because I defied physics and hurled my body the opposite way, landing smack on my back. (Lyla landed on my boob. In fact, she thought she had quite the seat.) It has been a LONG time since i've had the wind knocked out of me. I had two concerned little girls faces hovering an inch from my face, and one on my boob who decides it would be fun to start bouncing. I wheeze that I am okay, and as I am trying to stand, I realize I've left reminants of my toe on the zipper of the suitcase. Actually, a chunk. a big chunk. Blood....all over my clean linens, but that is another story.
The only bandaids I can find are made for paper cuts. gauze. Well, it worked, but also stuck to my wound. Oh well, I had to finish packing and put the ladies to bed, and wait for Toby to bring me a bandaid. or Three.
I finally got the dog bathed, minivan packed, pinworms and sickness resolved...Although Abby did decide to dry off in another pile of poo after her bath. I left her stinking. and I was swearing under my breath and talking about a proper Vietnemese meal.
So....finally Kona...which by the way was well earned, but also well worth waiting for.... So finally after all my complaining....PICTURES.....

LYLA ROSE AND HER TOO CUTE FEET!



Notice the duct tape?


Sophia was a swimming machine. She LOVED diving for rocks


Suzanne doing girls hair. Suz has all boys, I have all girls, sometimes we like to trade


Avery trying to dump her sister out. Lyla protesting

Finally sister free

The BIGGEST yard..lots of frisbee,tag,football,gymnastics,falling ensued


The cutest boy Forest


A pooped Avery

A naked baby

Star gazing waaaaaay past bedtime

The most fun people

The darling Mckinney's Sorry Suz, your face is blurry in both shots

The next day.......

More of this,


And this





Then, a birthday dinner for Mike at the poolside...



Why is the only picture taken of me and Toby look like i'm giving him a piece of my mind?

Oh well, at least I got a sunset kiss anyway

Now this is the kind of wash, rinse, dry, repeat for four days I CAN deal with
The only real problem? Avery took her cast off...




I wasn't ready to have the kids go back to school, as I had all the spring break plans still fresh in my mind, and I had to replace that darn cast of Avery's. The Dr. did say she could get it wet, I just didn't elaborate the fact that we would be swimming. oh well, cast now or therapy later, I say. Also, since Avery is not supposed to be around sand and dirt, and that is pretty much what she plays in at school, I decided to keep the ladies home for another week! (pinworm and sickness free)

We went to the Planetarium...



Channeling her inner William Shatner

Proof that I exist

Kids in motion


Another day we started our seeds, Avery is having a veggie/flower tray, Sophie is all Flowers, and Lyla is all green beans

Notice the new purple cast?






We are finishing our Spring break with kite making, and latenight movie/homemade pizza night


THE END

finally

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Jeezum how am I supposed to comment on everything in that HUGE, long blog? Totally love it though! Ok here goes......Please sign Avery's cast for me (I will know if you don't)! Please don't ever talk about pin worms again, I can watch maggots eating a mans brain in a scary movie, but those pin worm stories give me the jeebies! LOVE the picture of Lyla's feet! You make a GREAT duct tape cast! I am totally jealous of your beautiful trip to Kona! Love the picture of the star gazers! Your sunset picture with the tiki torches should be a post card! Love the picture of Avery and Einstein! You are so beautiful! And lastly I think the seeds and pizza making are great but you are going way Martha overboard with the kite making! Slow your roll wonder mom! Love your guts! Oh and tell Sophie I am glad I can count on her to spill all your secrets in our conversations!

April 3, 2009 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Sherine said...

Amy.. I'm sorry you had such a boring and uneventful week. Maybe next week you'll have something good to post about.

☻ It's a good thing kona came after all that right?

April 4, 2009 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Sephalo said...

Dang Little Lady that was ALOT! You are a pretty awesome mammacita I must say, those babies are very lucky to have you! I made the tiki torch sunset picture my wallpaper, THANKS! :)

April 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger T said...

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just get it out there. My bum is starting to itch. How do you check again?

April 8, 2009 at 1:22 AM  
Blogger Smiley Family said...

If you ever talk about pinworms again, I vow to stop reading your blog! Oh man that gave me the creeps! What a rough week - I am so sorry. At least it ended on a good note, Kona looks heavenly. And I think it is great that you kept the girls home an extra week - you all deserved it!

April 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home