Saturday, December 4, 2010

Can I get A Woot???

Photobucket

Yes, I know that Sophie is a little old to be just now riding her bike alone. Tob and I were reminiscing about when we were kids, and we were both already cruising our neighborhoods on our bikes at her age.
It is not as though Sophie hasn't had ample opportunities to ride a bike. She has gone through every stage of bike possible. (tricycle, toddler bike, etc...)
Sometimes she has a hard time doing something if she can't just do it right off the bat. Previous attempts have ended in frustration and tears.
When we first moved to Hawaii she had zero desire for her bike. Zero. And very little since receiving her new one last Christmas. But lately...

She ran around with her Dad for a few times. She did not achieve riding without him. Then she was done. When she was walking up to me, I could see her troubled face. I knew better than to make a big deal of it, so I gave her a tender hug, and said nothing, although the disappointment was written all over her face.

Photobucket

As she walked back over to where Avery was waiting for her turn on the bike,(Avery's bike has a popped tube. Of course it is not a standard size tube. One is being ordered for her...grrr..), her shoulders seemed so heavy.

She looked so longingly at her bike bell, and gave it a sad, sad ring.

Photobucket

Oh, how my mama heart ached for her.

Then, I took my turn running Avery around. Holy Cow! She does none of the work. We need her bike fixed now! Also, starting a running program with an extra 50 lbs is not advisable.

When it was time to leave, Sophie walked up to me, and asked if she could try one more time. I said of course.
Then I bent down and whispered in her sweet ear, "just believe, honey. Just believe that you can."

And then...


Photobucket


We were so happy for her!

Avery and Lyla were cheering her on...

As she took a few laps around, Avery decided to pick her a congratulatory bouquet.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Love this girl.

When Sophie finished her triumphant ride, Avery ran up to her to give her a big hug! She kept telling her Great Job Soph! You did so Great!

Photobucket

She was so proud of her sister

Photobucket

And Sophia was proud of herself.

I love being a mom. So much.

Oh yeah, Lyla Rose was busy doing this kind of stuff..

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger cruz said...

Oh sister! I love love love this story. It totally made me cry, but you know what a big baby I am! ha ha

I remember that was us!!

December 4, 2010 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

That is such a great story and SUCH great pictures! The camera appears to be awesome! I can't believe the long legs on those girls! Can't wait to see you guys! Loves and hugs

December 7, 2010 at 12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home