Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Avery turns six

Photobucket

Avery turns 6

My sweetest daughter is six. It is so wonderful to have her in my life. She makes me smile at some point every single day. She is such a funny, caring sister, and daughter.
Some fun Avery facts:
She loves, loves to laugh. She also loves to make other people laugh. It is not unheard of for her to start giggling and then not being able to stop. (you can imagine how funny it is on minute ten, but this is a birthday post, so I'll keep it sweet!!)
She loves to learn. National Geographic magazine is a favorite. She looks forward to the large map that is included every month. We tape it to the wall, and learn all about it, then she stands up and tells you everything she's learned.
She has become quite dramatic when she is upset. Or, more dramatic, rather. (imagine great exits/entrances to rooms)
She has learned to stick up for herself.
She loves to tell stories.
Sometimes, she beleives them. (Her fellow classmates are anxiously awaiting the party at Avery's house, where we currently have a indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a complete zoo. Except the zebra.)
She loves to eat. She will try anything, and likes almost everything. Shashimi, sushi, almost all veggies..(Not mushrooms, though.)
She is a dreamer, and a believer! I love this girl to bits and pieces!!!!!

Now, for her day...

Photobucket

Avery has drooled over Sophia's American Girl dolls like crazy. Because of this, Sophia has forbidden Avery to touch them. Avery has continued to drool from afar, and moan, literally moan, how much she wanted one. I finally told her she sounded like a ghost, she told me I scared her. Then she moaned some more. For months.



Photobucket

I loved her face! She was so thankful..she must have said thank you twenty times right away, then another twenty every twenty minutes thereafter...

Photobucket

"Julie" came with us everywhere. (please note, Lyla does not have an American Girl doll. A fact which was not lost on her.)

Photobucket

We went to the movie Tangled. It opened on her actual birthday, and she thought it was made just for her. (P.S. are we going to look forward to every kids movie being in 3D??? hello $$$$$)

We were supposed to eat at Maui Tacos for dinner, but an abrupt change of mind from the birthday girl brought pizza instead.


The cake.

Well, anyone who knows me knows that I have usually made whatever kind of cakes my girlies want.
Avery wanted a cake of the solar system. All of the planets. In 3D. Did I mention Avery's birthday is the day before Thanksgiving?
For the first time ever, I did a re direct. She had mentioned Strawberry Shortcake, in the shape of Strawberry Shortcake at Lylas birthday party in July. (Are my kids the only ones who plan their birthdays at other kids parties?) I reminded her of that, and thankfully, I was not molding 9 planets, (and the Sun!) into a cake.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, she loved it. And that is what matters. Plus it was delicious...

Happy Birthday to my very sweet Avery Olivia!

1 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

She is a girl after my own heart and I love her to bits too! I remember her making cross eyes at us as a baby like it was yesterday :) I love the happiness on her face at her new doll! Great job on the cake ;)

December 7, 2010 at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home