Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A cold Hawaiian fall morning. (okay, not really that cold, but it looks like it should be)




It really made me want to put on warm socks and make soup. Since I no longer own warm socks, I made soup. (corn and roasted red pepper. a favorite among mexican children. Apparently, not mine though.

What is that beautiful piece of yard sculpture? Oh it isn't art? maybe, but it also doubles as a catchment tank. All of our water comes from this baby. (except drinking water. I don't want parasites people.) It really has made our family "green". No rain? no dishes, shower, laundry, etc.... Aside from swampy smelling bath water, has been fine. except in droughts. buying city water is DANG expensive.





WHAT TO DO ON A NOT SO CHILLY RAINY MORNING??





Lyla Rose shall not be left out. of ANYTHING if possible



In other news...

The MEDIEVAL FAIRE at the girls' school was a success!

Activities including chicken holding HA!(one of the only events that was free. So of course was favorite activity for Ava. This poor chick was mauled for ten minutes by yours truley, and then passed off to another sticky kid.


FAIRY WAND MAKING





SHOULDER RIDES(another free event)




HORSE RIDES. (They had a smaller pony available for the smaller kids, but NO WAY was that going to work for Avery. She needed a "real" horse.



of course, no 6 year old is going to be showed up by a 3 year old





Contemplation



THE END

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherine said...

My favorite ridees are always the shoulder rides too.

November 6, 2008 at 8:58 AM  
Blogger Princess said...

I love your blog so much! I think it looked more like tiredness than contemplation! Horse rides always wear me out ;) I would have loved eating soup in warm socks with you (and I did get out warm socks this week!) Miss your face

November 6, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home